- The comment was inaccurate and we didn't want to confuse users further by adding it to the wiki.
- To clarify, the script is stored in HTML and project data is stored in XML.
- For more details see Greg's (Celtx dev) related post:
- ahhhh. A fine distinction I didn't research. Very well. Thanks! Jparris 13:37, 23 December 2006 (PST)
My Recent edits
Tired, so very tired. Excuse me if I'm impolite. Please use PNG rather than JPEG for screen shots. It looks nicer, and the files are smaller. Almost everything I've added needs various tweeks, but Sketch Tool could benefit most from your TLC; an explanation of how and why Storyboard ties to Sketch Tool is needed. Scene locking needs further explanation of the less obvious options on the Scene Locking dialog. Sketch Toolbar needs a toobar screenshot, Palette Sidebar needs a sidebar screenshot. Can you do Revisions on just Screenplay or any script? Resetting Revision Mode needs a more elaborate explanation. Is the screen shot in Scene Numbers up to date? I think you'd better review everything I've added, I suspect I shouldn't have allowed myself to get so tired. Anyway, good night! jparris 06:44, 20 November 2009 (PST)
- Hope your kids allowed you to get a decent night's rest :)
- Very nice to hear from you and Thanks for the housekeeping efforts. I'll take a closer look at your edits on the weekend. Thought I was adding png's but will take another look at that. The Scene Numbers screen shot is current, and yes, the revision feature only applies to the Screenplay editor. Thanks again for the help, Josh. Hang in there, buddy! betagerl
Hey, I'm Steven. I'm looking to help out around here. I have a fair bit of experience with wikis, I'm very active on Wikipedia and I have run a wiki of my own (that was a little while ago, though). I was wondering if you would trial me as a sysop here, so I can keep an eye on Recent Changes and revert/block spammers. I have a fair bit of free time :D. Thanks for your time,
Steven (blha303) 07:42, 24 February 2011 (PST)
- Thanks for your interest in helping out with the Celtx wiki. Your assistance with keeping an eye on the joint and controlling spam would be appreciated so I'll go switch your status to sysop. If you have questions about anything you can direct them at me, Spick or Tony. Cheers! Betagerl
- Hi again. Can you please make me a bot rank as well as sysop, so I can hide my own edits from Recent Changes? Thanks. blha303 08:58, 1 March 2011 (PST)
Hi Steven - Why do you want to hide your own edits? Betagerl
- Because I make so many of them. blha303 18:05, 1 March 2011 (PST)
- We're going going to keep your status as sysop for now, as part of the point of a wiki is to be able to see who's making what changes. Betagerl
Hi again. I'm thinking of changing all essential pages to Protected, so new users can't vandalize them. Yes or no? blha303 04:45, 18 April 2011 (PDT)
- Hi, Steven.
Thanks for doing a great job monitoring the wiki. Your efforts in keeping the place neat and tidy and spam free are much appreciated and saves us a lot of time. I'd like to send you a Celtx jacket as a small token of thanks so flick me an email with your size (S,M,L,XL,XXL) and mailing address and I'll send via airmail.
In the meantime note that I reverted the warning you posted on the Main page as we felt it came across as being rather abrupt and unnecessary. And there aren't many who contribute to the wiki in a meaningful way anyhow so I don't think we need to protect pages at the moment either. Just monitor for spam regularly as you have been and I think that will suffice for now. The wiki is pretty outdated now but we plan to do a major edit /cleanup over the next month so maybe we'll re-consider protecting pages then. Cool with you? Betagerl
- Sounds good, thanks for your consideration. I'm in Australia, so we'll see how that jacket thing goes :D. blha303 23:20, 19 April 2011 (PDT)
Hey, thanks for the jacket, I got it today. It's a good fit. Thanks. I'll put up a picture at some point. blha303 01:30, 3 May 2011 (PDT)
Hi again, I was reading about ways to combat spam on Mediawiki-based sites. It's probably not needed now, since I've IP-banned most spammers, but it could be an added measure. . You may also need to upgrade the software to the latest version, although I'm not sure if it would remove any information.  Who maintains the wiki server-side? blha303 07:24, 3 May 2011 (PDT)