Useful Links and Resources
This section of useful links and resources was born on the Celtx Forum and compiled as a group effort by our users and staff so that everyone can share 'the knowledge'. Primarily we look for links related to screenwriting, filmmaking, theatre, animation, new media, the industries in general, related technology, or really anything you find useful in getting your job done... whether you are student, amateur or pro.
Like the manual itself, this section is a work in progress with new links being added all the time. So if you have a golden nugget of info that would enhance the collection, please add it to the list. (Note: Main topics are in alphabetical order.)
- Australian Film Commission FAQs
- Film Info
- Online resources for film pre-productions
- Proletariatpictures Links
- Wikibooks Movie Making Manual
- Movie_Making_Manual-Linux_in_film_production Linux in film production
Movie and TV Resources
- Free Movies & Documentaries & Cartoons & Music
- Greatest Films
- Internet Movie Database
- Inside Film Magazine
- Roger Ebert
- Rotten Tomatoes
- Screenplay Europe
- The Trailer Park
- TV Party
- TV To Me
- Yahoo! Movies
- DV Creators.net
- DV Guru
- DV Information Network
- dvcafe - Not a great site, but it has some content. Some links go to books you have to buy, but others are useful articles. It takes some surfing to find the good stuff.
- Mac Widgets for Filmmakers
- Mac Photo Recovery
- mac disk recovery a powerful recovery tool for Mac
- Mac Data Recovery
- Photo Recovery Mac
- Recover Data on Mac
- Mac OSX PDF Converter
Open Source Software-Industry Related Applications
- Audacity - An audio editor that does multi-tracking
- AviSynth- A "middleman" interface that allows users to process their video with an infinite amount of options. AVISynth uses a scriptable interface so editors can write their own preset codes and modify them to their own need every project so they aren't restricted to a GUI. AVISynth includes a VirtualDub interface for easy integration.
- Blender - 3D Rendering Tool - 3D modeling/animation
- Celtx - A comprehensive scriptwriting and pre-production software program for people working in Film, TV, Theatre and New Media.
- CeltxWiki Manual
- Celtx Media Blog
- Cinelerra - Non-linear Editing Suite
- Cinelerra Tutorial
- Cinepaint- Image editor used in many films
- How to restore a mac
- Flash for Linux - f4l is a free open source Maacromedia flash clone for Linux.
- FreeFrame - Plugins for various editors and image editors
- Gimp - A good alt to Photoshop
- Jahshaka - Real time editing and effects
- Kino - Linux editing suite
- Open Office
- Synfig - A professional quality 2-d animation program.
- Virtual Dub - A video capture/processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- David Griffith's Crash Course in Screenwriting (pdf)
- Free Range Librarian
- Oscar Script Format
- Paul Brians' Common Errors in English Usage and Other Good Resources
- Resources for Writers
- Rhyming Dictionary
- Roget's Thesaurus
- Screen Story Writing
- Screenwriting Expo
- Screenwriting Info
- Seventh Sanctum
- The Slot
- Wikipedia Screenwriting Entry
- SimplyScripts Glossary - Gives a lot of screenwriting terms to help decipher scripts or get across an effect exactly the way you want.
- Fiction Factor - GREAT website for writers in general. Lots of topics about making good characters and stories. I suggest you browse this site for whatever interests you!
- A Short Story on length discusses appropriate length for speculative scripts.
- Screenwriting - quick resource links to everything to do with screenwriting.
- Complications Ensue
- I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing
- John August
- Kung Fu Monkey
- Pianista en un burdel (spanish)
- Drew's Script-o-Rama
- Screentalk Biz
- ScriptCrawler - A database of scripts to view. Pick your favorite movie, and examine it.
Essential URLs (Useful Links and Resources)
- File Factory - Great for hosting your PDF generated scripts. Although it's hard to find how to download it for some people.
- OhShare - is a great file host! I recommend using them to host your files on the forum rather than File Factory because it's easier for users to figure out how to download the file.