2.0 Release Notes
Celtx 2.0 Release Notes - February 25, 2009
We are pleased to introduce Celtx Studios, a set of web services designed to work with the Celtx software. Your Celtx Studio provides:
Web Based Storage and Access to Your Media Projects
Media Projects created in Celtx can be saved straight to your Celtx Studio. You can also open your Media Project from your Celtx Studio, and work straight from your Studio, or save the project locally.
Sharing Projects with other users of the Celtx Studios is a click away.
Archives Your Celtx Studio provides granular access to every script, and every file, and every form, in every version, of every project. You can do side-by-side comparisons of different versions, and open any version in your Celtx software to revert to any previous state.
Create a private, web view of your project for collaborators, producers, financiers or anyone else with whom you want to share the project.
The Celtx Studios are FREE as we run a short commercial beta. After the beta period is over, the Celtx Studios will be offered at a $50 PER YEAR subscription.
CELTX CLIENT CHANGES
We have enabled extensions in the Celtx software. A 'Toolbox' icon in the main toolbar accesses a new Toolbox page on our main web site, where Add-Ons can be downloaded to customize the Celtx software.
Non-English dictionaries are available for those writing and working in several languages.
We have also added a Developers page to the Toolbox site on Celtx.com. We welcome any developers who would like to add their own Add-Ons. At the moment, we can only accept Free Add-Ons, but we'll soon be introducing a Pay service as well.
We have added a notifier ribbon to the bottom of the application window. This is to ensure that people opening Celtx directly from a Celtx file continue to receive the Splash Page Notices. No screen size is lost in the editor function when the Notifier Ribbon is closed, which it is by default. The Notifier Ribbon will display the latest Community News and Project of the Week. It will also provide Notice of any new Releases of the Celtx Software.
Interactive Notice Tool
We have also added a small interactive notice to the Celtx Toolbar. The individual notices are delivered by the Celtx Server, allowing us to tailor the Notice to specific issues as the need arises. The default Notice will provide a direct link to a dedicated Help page.
Direct Saves to Studio
A new option, added to 'File' in the main menu, enables a direct 'Save to Studio'. This replaces the cumbersome 'Upload' process that was accessed from the Web Services. Selecting 'Save to Studio' will save the Project straight to your Celtx Studio.
Direct Open From Studio An 'Open from Studio' option has been added to the 'File' menu. Selecting 'Open from Studio' will bring you to your Celtx Studio. After opening your Projects folder in your Celtx Studio, you can select 'Edit' from the Studio Project toolbar to open a Project directly in your Celtx Software. Subsequent Saves of the Project will get Saved straight to the Studio.
Save Status Bar We added a new "Save Status" dialog. Located in the very bottom of the application window, this status bar will confirm saves, providing a date and time stamp as well as confirmation on whether the Save was made to your own computer (local) or to your Celtx Studio.
Note to MAC Panther (10.3) Users
Celtx Version 2.0 will NOT work on Mac OS X 10.3.x (or earlier Mac systems) This new version of Celtx (v.2.0) is not compatible with the MAC OS X 10.3.0 operating system. On moving Celtx to the new Firefox 3.0 code base, we are no longer able to support 10.3 (or earlier) versions of the MAC operating system.
Uploading Projects to Project Central has been simplified by introducing a new direct Upload feature on the Project Central homepage.
Celtx Client Upgrades
Moved to Firefox 3.*
We upgraded the underlying code of the Celtx Software to the newest version of Firefox (v. 3.*). A big thanks to the awesome community of Firefox developers and to the Mozilla organization for producing such a fantastic open source product.
Moved to new Sunbird 0.8 code
We have also upgraded the Celtx Calendar and Production Schedule modules to the new version of the open source Sunbird calendar application, resulting in an improved user interface for both, and greater stability. A big thanks too to the Sunbird developer team.
IMPROVEMENTS & BUG FIXES
1.Celtx files not opening - corrupted RDF files. This new version includes an automatic RDF fixer. Illegal characters in the project RDF file, which were usually added from cut and paste actions, and would sometimes prevent a project from opening properly, are now fixed automatically.
4. The Add Item Dialog will no longer appear truncated when adding a file with a long name.
6. The Calendar interface has been improved for easier use.
7. The "Invite Attendees" option has been removed from the Calendar toolbar, as it was not a supported feature in the application.
8. Double-clicking on a column heading no longer opens the currently selected Catalog item.
9. Sorting a Catalog list will now preserve the currently selected item.
10. You can now sort a Catalog by any field, not just the name field.
11. The Catalog filters (columns) are now re-sizeable.
12. In a Character Form, the 'role selector' now defaults to blank instead of 'protagonist'.
13. Wardrobe Forms now correctly display 'Scenes Used In'.
14. Media is now correctly removed from Catalog forms.
Comic Book Template
15. Minor formatting fix made so a new page begins with a Panel element. The Panel prefix does not appear at the end of the previous page. It now appears on the new page instead.
16. Improved adding of a character element to the Catalog via the script. Changing a non-character element to a character element will now add the new character to the Catalog.
17. Improved dragging of two or more paragraphs (e.g., character and following dialogue) around in a script. The dragged text will no longer disappear.
18. Changes to the zoom level are now saved. If you change the zoom level then save, close and re-open the script, the zoom level change made previously is preserved.
20. Increased the number of scene words displayed on a card's script side.
21. Improved ability of index cards to preserve scene information. Changing a scene heading to another format and back again resulted in the index card information being lost. We now preserve scene id info so that the index card information can be restored by undo.
22. Index Cards - Text pasted in to an Index Card is now saved.
23. Plot colour changes are now saved on closing the project.
24. You can now add items to a Manual Catalog (e.g. a prop icon) by dragging and dropping any shortcut from the Project Library to the Manual Catalog.
25. We have improved the behaviour when dragging and dropping library items from one Project to another.
Preferences (Shot Words)
26. Shot words added in preferences now appear in uppercase in the storyboard shot dropdown menu. Please note that you must close and re-open the storyboard after adding the shot words in order for them to appear in the dropdown.
29. The first click on a highlighted item in a new scene immediately selects the item in the Production Items Sidebar.
30. The sidebar now remembers its closed/opened state.
31. Breakdown items in the Sidebar drop down are automatically sorted alphabetically.
32. You can now cursor up or down inside of a sidebar note.
34. Deleted projects will no longer reappear in the Recent Projects List.
35. Double clicking a recent project (Windows) will no longer open the project twice.
36. The limit of 15 open tabs is no longer exceeded when creating new documents via Adapt To.
37. Changing the paper format in TypeSet (A4 versus American) now changes the paper format in the editor at the same time.
38. Vista - enabled support for Vista Aero theme Fixed.
- This version supersedes the 1.0 Release Notes